From Stock Firmware to CrossPoint: My reTerminal Sticky Experience

If you’ve been seeing this tiny ePaper device popping up lately and wondering, “Wait, is that another eReader?” I had the same question.

Meet the Seeed Studio reTerminal Sticky.

STICKY E-READER
MEET STICKY

And yes, the name makes sense because it literally sticks. 

Sticky is a tiny 3.97-inch black-and-white ePaper display with touch, Wi-Fi, and built-in magnets. You can attach it directly to metal surfaces like your fridge, cabinet, or other magnetic spots around the house. For non-metal surfaces, you can use the included adhesive magnetic ring.

But here’s the thing: it isn't really an eReader.

Think of it more like a tiny, always-visible ePaper companion. Instead of opening your phone to check a reminder, weather, note, to-do list, or message, you can simply put Sticky somewhere you’ll actually see it. Seeed designed it around this idea of keeping useful information visible without turning it into another distracting screen.

And this is where I got curious.

When I received my Sticky, I decided not to immediately mess with it. I wanted to see what it could actually do out of the box, so I spent some time testing the default firmware first.

I played around with its built-in features, the ePaper display, notes, photos, and the overall experience with Seeed's ecosystem. It was interesting to see the device exactly as intended before changing anything.


But, well…

You know me. I couldn't leave it alone. 😂

After testing the stock firmware, I eventually decided to flash Sticky to CrossPoint.

And that's when things got even more interesting.

Going from the original firmware to CrossPoint made me look at Sticky differently. Instead of seeing it simply as a small magnetic note display, I started seeing it as a tiny ePaper device that I could experiment with and customize.



That's probably what I enjoy most about it.

At first glance, Sticky looks like “just another tiny ePaper device.” But the fact that you can literally stick it around your space, interact with it, and experiment with what it can become makes it quite different from the usual eReaders and ePaper gadgets I’ve used.

So no, I wouldn't call Sticky another small eReader.

It's a tiny ePaper screen that happens to stick everywhere and, after flashing mine to CrossPoint, I'm having way too much fun figuring out what else it can do.